Here there are tips for the video !!! (they come from the profile)
1. Film your video in a quiet place (indoors or outdoors) and make sure you have good lighting.
2. Maintain eye contact with the camera when speaking. Your video needs to show actual footage of you speaking.
3. Speak clearly, slowly and smile!
4. This is your video resume (CV)! Dress nicely, and don't talk about topics you wouldn't mention on a job interview. Host families will not be interested in watching videos of your boyfriends/girlfriends, or of you and your friends at a party.
5. Begin your video by greeting the host family, stating your name, age and the country you are from.
6. Once you have introduced yourself to your potential host family, be ready to describe some or all of the following:
o Why do you want to be an au pair?
o Why should the host family watching your video choose you to be their au pair?
o Share your childcare experience, and what you like most about caring for children.
o Share your personal interests, skills and educational background and goals.
o Talk about your home country.
7. If possible, include action videos of yourself caring for children. Some good examples are: feeding a baby, pushing a child on a swing, helping with homework, singing, or playing games.
8. Be creative. Do you have any unique talents, or musical abilities? Show yourself playing an instrument, painting, or playing your favorite sport.
9. You may want to thank the host family for watching your video, and let them know that you look forward to hearing from them soon.
10. Review your video and edit if necessary, prior to uploading it in Au Pair Room.